Sunday, February 10, 2013

An experiment, a lovely result!

Let me show you something I have done, mischevious! I opened a glass bowl, which had a golden foil as its cover, inside which was a dissert. Dissert went to the place it was supposed to, but the foil dint go to the trash. It came with me, to my work table. My first instinct was to crush it into a 'Heart shape', as I always do. (See a sample on this page) But this one had a paper backing, so I couldnt do that! Instead I ended up making these..



I wanted to give it the look of hammered metal. The beads are my own handmade clay ones - berry and cream. Secured the edges with copper 'stitches'. Yeah, I sealed the sheet with clear glaze on the edges before assembling it..

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to be looking at the foils different now that I've seen the beautiful earrings you created Sumi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kumi,
      I am glad that I could help you see this use for foils.. Do let me know what you come up with, it sure will be worth seeing!! :) Now this one of mine, is on 'test' mode!

      Delete