Saturday, June 22, 2013

Focus on Life - Week 25

I have spent many years in doubt whether I am lovable.
I have spent many years rejecting love.
I have spent many years struggling to accept people's love.
Finally one day I came to terms with myself! I am a wild child. But that doesn't mean I need to be tamed to be loved.

I had surrounded myself with rules, boundaries and limitations. I was negative for many years. But, like a caterpillar from a cocoon, I came out of the darkness, and decided to 'live'. I have a few scars. But that just makes me more strong.

And now it is easy for me to accept the fact that:
I am lovable.
I am in people's prayers.

What else do each one of us strive for, in this lifetime?
Lets go see Sally's blog to share other thoughts.

21 comments:

  1. Sumi your post is very interesting.Thanx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To let go and be ourselves is one of the hardest things to do but so worth it. Good for you for doing just that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acceptance is wonderful and rappreciating ourselves is too

    ReplyDelete
  4. The knots in that wood are very thought provoking. Great photo. Yes, I agree being able to accept love from others can be hard, but so rewarding, when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful thoughts. thanks for sharing your thoughts and photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a raw and beautiful post - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the poem! There were times like that growing up as a "60's" child that I felt like that. We were a wild generation. Awesome post and I love your daughters name. Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I'm so glad that you are seeing yourself in this new light and that you shared it with this group!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Self acceptance is the hardest of all. People can tell you anything but until you believe it yourself it won't matter. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all have special gifts. We just need to recognize that we are all different, accept others and ourselves just as we are. I'm glad you have been able to do that. What a beautiful gift you have given yourself.
    ~Ema
    http://www.emakdesigns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete